I had a fantastic weekend spending time with old friends and attending Erin's wedding in Virginia! Lindsey and I spent all day Saturday sight-seeing in DC. It was my first time there so I was really excited to see all the touristy stuff. It was amazing! I only wish I'd had more time to see more things. One day in such a history-packed city is not nearly enough! There's TONS of pictures in this post so enjoy!
Lindsey and I in front of the white house.
I don't remember what building this is but look how pretty!
Dorothy's Ruby Slippers in the American History Museum. This was the only museum we had time for.
I thought this exhibit was so cool. The tvs were showing a video about the Vietnam War
The Capital
View from the steps of the Capital.
Washington Monument. Too bad it was closed because of the earthquake.
The sunset was beautiful that night! But, sadly, this is where Lindsey lost her camera :(
I think this is the Smithsonian Castle.... I think.
World War 2 monument
All these pillars had a state name on them.
Vietnam War Memorial. I wish I could capture how long this wall was. We got there after dark so it was hard to get a good picture, but it probably wouldn't do it justice anyway.
Another one of the WW2 monument.
Lincoln Memorial. Wow.
View from the Lincoln Memorial steps.
The White House at night.
On a related note, there was SO MANY security officers and Secret Service vans everywhere that night! Something must have been going on because they were everywhere and tons of roads right around the White House were closed for the night. We asked one of the the security guys if this was a normal thing and his response was, "No, just tonight Ma'am". Then we saw a helicopter with a searchlight hovering around above us. Weird. I was a little scared. The HUGE guns the security folks were carrying did not help. But we finally made it back to our parking garage only to find this:
Seriously?! Our rental minivan was in there! You heard me right, we rented a minivan. It was awesome. Anyways, we were freaking out a little. Ok, a lot. Luckily there was a number for us to call and they guy came and opened it for us. I felt like an idiot but I was just so glad to have our vehicle back!
That's my "woops" face.
The next day (the wedding day!) we went to the brunch in the morning.
Back in high school, the 4 of us were inseparable. Except for when "chemy" came between us... But that's another story for another day. It was just so good to see these girls!
Arriving at the wedding that afternoon.
The groom waiting for his bride. That's Josh's (the groom) dad, he did the officiating. Is that what you call it? Officiating? It sounds like I'm talking about a basketball game, but I think you know what I mean.
Erin and her daddy.
It was a beautiful ceremony.
I love this picture!
Husband and Wife!
Aren't they so cute?! She was absolutely stunning. Wow.
Their cupcake cake.
They were so good!
Cocktail hour. Don't worry I was just drinking lemonaide :)
We sat at Table 8. I know you were dying to know that.
Victoria and I
V and Linds
First Dance
Me and the beautiful bride.
Dancing with her Dad.
cutting the (cup)cake
bouquet toss
It was a really beautiful day. I'm so happy for Erin and her new husband. Weddings are so exciting!
The next morning we had plans to go to Arlington Cemetery before heading to the airport but after we finally convinced ourselves to get out of bed and then being stuck in traffic, we decided to just drive by the Jefferson Monument instead. We saw "Vienna" on so many signs, I finally had to take a picture. I missed my baby!
There it is. So cool. I wish we had had time to go inside or even stop to look at it more but we were on a time crunch. A drive-by is the best we could do.
We flew to Denver together and then parted ways. This was in the Denver airport. What a great trip! Thanks for being my date Lindsey!
When my family picked my up Jude was the only one awake. Besides Dennison, of course. He was really excited to see me. Then about halfway home Vienna woke up. I tried to get her attention but she was still sleepy and staring at Jude who was doing something ridiculous to try and make her laugh. A few minutes later she heard me talking and I could see it finally register in her brain that it was her mommy and I was back! This is the face she made at me the rest of the way home.
Are you kidding me with how cute she is?!?!
It was so wonderful to be back with my awesome family, I really did miss them.
It was a great trip, I'm so glad I got go!
5 comments:
Thanks for the pictures Robin. I'm so glad you got to go, Erin was probably so excited to have you there. And all those wonderful things to see too. I would love to go see all those monuments and historic sites, I'm so glad you got the chance.
And you're right about Vienna, she just keeps getting cuter all the time! And she doesn't look like a baby anymore. I'm glad to see she still likes the pink blanket. We sure love you!
This looks fabulous! I'm thrilled to see that you got a nice little trip/break. I'm going to DC in a couple of weeks, I was very excited to see that's where you just were.
I totally agree, it's great to be a mom! But breaks from it are so nice and very much needed!! Great pics (especially the last one).
Love this post!!! I need to post my pictures as well, I got lots of good ones. Love you and so glad I got to see you!!!
Wow! How fun! You look fabulous! Is your friend Erin a super Model? She is a beautiful bride! I'm so glad you had a fun time! I didn't realize Vienna's hair was getting so thick and long. She is a doll!
Post a Comment