I had to do this...I hope you all share a memory!!! Pretty please???
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you.
It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.
Happy Remembering!
7 comments:
So one night around halloween of 2006 Jake and I invited Dennison and Robin over to make caramel apples. As I was opening the can of sweetened condensed milk it pop and hissed. A awkward silence fell over our kitchen as we looked at one another. I think Jake piped up and said,"ah it will be okay." Well this made Rodin noticeably more uncomfortable. She gave Dennison a look then let us know that Robin would not be having our caramel apples. Jake and I really didn't care but then Dennison and Robin had a R.A.D. huddle, mumbled and shrugged. I thought they were talking about leaving. Dennison looked at Jake and I started to talk(Robin was smiling)and he said,"the reason robin not going to have any caramel apples is because she is pregnant." I was so happy for them.
We miss you guys!
Well it is really a memory about you. When I was working with your mom daily we shared many things. I knew the Dennison situation and could forsee the future..
One morning Karie got a personal call at the office. I could tell from her end of the conversation who she was talking to and that *he* was making an appointment to come talk to your mom and dad. I totally knew what that meant and I started bawling right there... Im so glad you two got together. (Trust me, I talked your mom into being pleasant that night he came to see them otherwise it would have been a blood bath)
I have three words for you... "THROW YOUR ROLLS!!!" Remember our first experience with toilet papering? We were 13 and a student teacher in our 7th grade class made me cry because he was such a meanie so we were going to extract our revenge. You gave me a "make over" earlier that day so I had Shirley Temple ringlets, Amy came over wearing clogs and keeping a picture of Elijah Wood safe in her pocket, and we had maybe 6 rolls to do the job with. Of course we dressed in black..... to blend in with the snow?!?! Your dad drove the getaway car (I believe it was the mystery machine) and it was awesome! I'll never forget you perched on top of that snow bank while Amy and I were stuck in a tree well terrified to move or we'd get caught. Thanks for being my best friend. There are so many memories!!
I remember the first time I saw your cute red shoes and I thought to myself..."that girl's got style!" Go you!
Laurie, i loved when you helped me dump a whole pitcher of water on your own son at grandma's house. That was hilarious.
Out of the many years of memories, I had to pick one, so here it is. On the night Carter was born, we anxiously waited in the waiting room, knowing full well what was going on just a little down the hall. Having gone through 'natural child birth' myself, I had mixed emotions. I had told you not to refuse an epidural just to make me proud, I would be happy with a healthy grandchild and happy daughter/new mom no matter what. But as we finally entered the room, after Carter made his entrance, the first thing you said to me was "mom, I did it!" I was so proud of you and Dennison, that is such a bonding time to share, and you sure impressed the doctor! I love you more than you think I do, and I will forever!
Out of the many years of memories, I had to pick one, so here it is. On the night Carter was born, we anxiously waited in the waiting room, knowing full well what was going on just a little down the hall. Having gone through 'natural child birth' myself, I had mixed emotions. I had told you not to refuse an epidural just to make me proud, I would be happy with a healthy grandchild and happy daughter/new mom no matter what. But as we finally entered the room, after Carter made his entrance, the first thing you said to me was "mom, I did it!" I was so proud of you and Dennison, that is such a bonding time to share, and you sure impressed the doctor! I love you more than you think I do, and I will forever!
Post a Comment