Friday, December 19, 2008

It's my birthday

I've been tagged and it seemed like the perfect one to do on my birthday...

8 (I'm not sure I can come up with 8! I'm so normal) weird things about Robin:

1~ Until I was about 12 I had very blonde, very curly hair and blue eyes. Now I have dark brown curly hair and green eyes.
2~ When I cook, most of the cabinets are wide open. Once I open a cabinet to get something, I always leave it open just in case I need something else out of it later. This will save me the effort of opening the door again. But I hit my head on the open doors all too often.
3~ I don't think this one is that weird but whatever. When I load the dishwasher, I always separate the silverware. It makes the unloading much easier.
4~ I clip my fingernails at least once a week, usually twice. I can't stand having any white at the end! But I always forget to clip my toenails.
5~ Next year Dennison and I are trading birthdays. I've always wondered what a birthday in the middle of the year would be like and he'll get a little taste of a Christmas time birthday.
6~ I'm a picky eater but not in the sense that I don't like a lot of foods. It's more the quality of the food that I'm picky about. I won't eat anything that looks, smells, or tastes a little off. I used to pick through my rice and take out all the ones that were a little discolored I've gotten better about this over the years.
7~ My biggest pet peeve is when drivers slow down before they get into the turning lane.
8~ Before I put my shoes on I have to check to make sure there's no spiders hiding down in the toe. To do this, I get a wad of toilet paper and quickly shove it into the toe, squishing any spider that might have been hiding. I don't do it with all my shoes, usually just the ones I haven't worn in a while and always with my rain boots. And sometimes I want to do it so bad but I force myself to just put the shoes on (curling my toes back, just in case) without a spider check just to make sure I haven't crossed the 'crazy' line.

So there you go, Happy Birthday to the weirdo.

5 comments:

Deon said...

Happy Birthday and I love the comments. Some made me laugh others made me think and I think separating the silverware is an excellent idea. I don't know if I am with the open cabinet idea though!

teamw said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I feel like I know you so much better now :) and I am SO glad another wife seperates the silverware, Carlton is always harrassing me about that.

Mer said...

I loved these, Robin! I am so happy that I am not alone in my wierdness about the open cabinets and hating long fingernails. And spiders in my shoes, for that matter, but you might be a smidge weirder about that one. ;)

Jessie said...

Happy Birthday Robin! I love all of your weird things...thanks for doing my tag :)

Lindsey, J.D. said...

Haha, those were really funny!!! I loved it. I would have way too many weird things I could say but I would be too embarassed.