Today was Carter's first day of nursery!! He did great, just like we knew he would. He's always a little shy at first but he warms up to anyone pretty quickly. And if toys are involved, forget it! It was a little sad because he didn't even miss us. He probably didn't even notice we were gone. But I'm so glad he had fun and we were able to do our thing without worrying about him.
He looks so grown up!! My little boy....
Unfortunately, he only got to stay in nursery for an hour on his first day. Because of this snow (yes, that is grass that you can still see poking through, and our patio that snow was barely sticking to), church was canceled before the last hour! Being from a very snowy town in Idaho and then Utah, I was a little surprised that this little bit of snow would have such a big effect. But believe it folks, it's true. I was wearing a pair of FLATS while at church and a kind lady was appalled that I would wear such things when in was snowing outside. At first I really didn't understand what she was talking about but then, seeing her choice of footwear, it made sense. Boots. Snow boots. I don't mean any offense by this story, it's just not what I'm used to. But I'm so glad it's snowing!!! It just doesn't feel like Christmas time until I see snow. And living here, we don't see it often (obviously).
But since it was so cold today, the boys got to wear their grandma-made sweaters!! Aren't they darling??!! Carter loves holding Jude's hand. so cute.
3 years ago
4 comments:
yayee for nursary! Tau went for the first time on Sunday as well. He walked right in like he was fine but the teacher said that he did have his moments. Hopefully he will still want to go next week and the week after. If he throws a fit and I end up getting a calling the the nursary because of it I wont be happy! LOL!!!
Welcome to Vancouver...it's really sad that the city shuts down, but at least we get a break from work, school or whatever! That's so funny that someone commented on your footwear. Who where's snow boots to church? Maybe I'm too superficial?!?! It wasn't even sticking!
That's funny stuff...better bust out your snow boots.
Also, Maren just had her first Sunday in nursery last Sunday. Her birthday is June 10th, when is Carter's?
My girls like to hold hands too :)
Hey there! This is Alicia Tolley Allen. Your blog is so cute. I can't believe you have two little boys now! We have a bog address now too. It is aliciaandchrisallen.blogspot.com. Check it out. I am glad you are doing well!
Post a Comment