Sunday, October 17, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa came to visit!

We were all so excited to see Gma and Gpa last week! It was a quick visit but fun-filled and action-packed.
I didn't tell the boys they were coming. You should've seen Carter's face (Jude was napping) when he saw them through the window by the front door. Total shock and excitement. I really should've got it on film. Then when Jude woke up, he got really excited and wouldn't stop running around in circles.

The first day, we went to the zoo. The boys were very excited to see all the animals. The fish were one of the favorites. I know, fish - really? We can see fish at Wal-mart! Whatever.

Carter picked out his animal shirt to wear for the occasion.

We tried to get a picture of Jude with his brothers but he wasn't in the mood. He doesn't like being told what to do....

Here's my belly at 32 weeks. This pregnancy is flying by! And Carter is climbing on the fence, of course. They climb on EVERYTHING! I'm serious, everything.

In the eagle's nest

More fishies. I think Jude was excited about them, but who can be sure.

I don't know what we were looking at but I think we were both a little scared of it.


Did I mention that they climb on everything?

I know, he's totally cute

Carter with the orange frogs

Victory!! We wore them out!!!! This doesn't happen easily. And it came with a price. I was feeling the same way... took me a couple days to recover from all that walking. I'm 32 weeks pregnant folks, not a wimp. There's a difference :)




Playing hide and seek with gma.

We rode the horses at Costco. Although Jude was convinced that his was a cow. Nothing I said could change his mind.

I got out the ol' chicken suit for my parents to take to my nephew Ike. Carter had to take it for one more spin. I went to take a nap while Jude napped and Carter and Grandma turned on a movie. It started like this...

And ended like this:

Carter and Gpa bonded over the fish and airplane games on his Iphone.
"Pwease Grandpa can I pway da fishie game on yours phone?"
Who could say no to that?!

Grandma asked Jude to smile so she could take his picture. This is what she got. I crouch in the corner and a long whiny "noooooo". And that's cookie dough all over his face.

We did a mini, early celebration of Jude's birthday. This is the gift from the grandparents. It took him forever to open it. I think it's because he liked the wrapping paper so much.





My mom made him a fabric picture book with family pictures. Carter got one like it for his 2nd birthday. So when he saw Jude's, he got his out and they looked at their books together. Jude still calls it his "present".

He took it around so everyone could look at it with him.

It was so fun having Grandma and Grandpa here for a few days. We can't wait to see them again soon!

1 comments:

Amy and Jon said...

How fun! I miss your parents! I love the picture book idea. Your Mom is the best.