Sunday, April 3, 2011

Things I've learned lately

Lesson #13: Bath foam is really awesome.
Sometimes the suggestion of it is the only thing that will get Carter into the bathtub.

Lesson #12: Seeing your kids love each other is one of the best things in the world.

Lesson #11: Wind is very powerful.
I already knew this but seeing the wreckage after a wind storm was pretty scary. There were branches everywhere in our yard.

Lesson #10: From here on out, wherever we live has to have a pretty view from the kitchen window like this. I open the blinds on this window first thing every morning. I just love to look out there, especially when it's sunny (which isn't often).

Lesson #9: When Jude and his Daddy put their heads together, they come up with some pretty fun games.

Lesson #8: A monster and shark bath towel will make your kids act like a monster and shark all day long.

Lesson #7: Always dress my baby girl up really cute.
Carter calls this her princess dress :)

Lesson #6: The boys are great entertainment for Vienna.
Note: I do not recommend standing this close to the bathtub while Jude is in it... very dangerous.

Lesson #5: Forts are always awesome. Especially if you can sleep in them.
Also, Jude refused to sleep on his bed so we moved it into the other bedroom and he now sleeps on a mattress on the floor and couldn't be happier.

Lesson #4: When you get an opportunity to take a picture with all three of your kids in it and happy, do it!
Also, matching shirts for my boys is still cute.

Lesson #3: Goldfish don't last very long.
Hopefully the new beta will have a longer life span.

Lesson #2: My embrace just doesn't compare to daddy's.
This little gal loves her pops. This is how she falls asleep just about every night.


And the #1 lesson I've learned: Don't leave Jude alone with the paints.
You should've seen the table. And chair. And floor.
How did he get it on the very back of his head??

6 comments:

Karie said...

Darling pictures Robin, your kids are so entertaining and fun. I am so excited to be with you again!

Megan said...

Great pictures. Everyone always looks like they're having fun. :)

Jessie said...

Aaah...life's lessons. So important. Cute pictures.

The Bluemel Family said...

I just love this post. I love seeing your kids all happy together. They are so cute and you guys are doing a great job! :)

The Hardy Things in Life said...

I just love all the pictures of your kiddos!! They are just growing so fast!! And too cute!

Kristi said...

hahahahaha! I love that Jude has paint on his ear too!