Well, we finally moved (and got internet!)!!! I feel like a new woman. A few things I love about our new place:
*I can back into the garage and unload groceries right into the kitchen instead of parking 50 yards away and making 3 trips up and down our dumb apartment stairs.
*We only share one wall with our neighbors who are very quiet.
*We live much closer to Dennison's office so he actually comes home for lunch!!!
*My neighbors don't scare me.
*Our church building is right behind us so we walk to church.
*I have more room to maneuver with my huge belly.
A few things Carter loves about our new place:
*Our backyard. Although it's small, he loves running around out there.
*Our neighbors dogs. He loves watching dogs, until they bark, then he gets too scared.
*Our bigger living room so he can practice running and throwing.
*More corners for Dad to hide behind to scare him.
*We only live a couple blocks from a super fun park.
*The new reachable storage shelf for the cereal.A funny story:
Just a couple days after moving, I was sitting on the couch reading while Carter was taking a nap. I saw movement out of the corner of my eye so I looked and saw this girl, probably about 10 years old, in our backyard. Our yard is fenced off with a gate by the house. She had our frisbee in one hand and was bending down to pick up our soccer ball. I thought to myself, "Who is this girl? Did she accidentally throw her frisbee and ball that look just like ours into our backyard? Wait a minute, those are our things! Should I say something? What if they really are hers after all? No, those are definately ours...." So I walked out there and right as she was about to walk back through our gate I said, "Excuse me" and she looked at me, dropped the loot, and walked out with her head down. The funniest part is that she lives right next door and I see her almost everyday. It's always a little awkard when we just look at each other and don't say anything. I told Dennison about it when he got home from work and so he put a pad lock on our gate. Hopefully she doesn't try to hop the fence.
2 years ago
4 comments:
I am so happy have the internet now and that you have a great new place to live.
Glad you're all settled and happy! We just heard a similar story about some friends who discovered a neighbor kid in their (fenced) yard. It can be a bit worrisome because they pointed out - what if the kid gets hurt in your yard?
Congrats on the new place! :)
I'm so happy that your neighbors don't scare you anymore! It sounds like you're in a good area...do you need any help getting ready for the new little one? CALL ME!!!
I'm SOO happy for you guys that you have a bigger place with a yard!! Did you get your pad lock for the gate? Kids these days are crazy.
Good luck with the rest of your pregnacy, we're excited to see little Mr. Harris ;)
Post a Comment