Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A few things that have made me happy....

I was feeling a little depressed last night (pregnancy hormones!) and so I was thinking of all the things that make me happy. This is just a short recap of my thoughts. Enjoy!

1~First, a little background: Lately I've been putting all of Carter's dirty diapers in plastic walmart bags out on our porch and then Dennison takes them to the dumpster when he gets home. A little white trash, I know, but it helps keep the stink out of our house. So anyway, last week this little boy, probably about 8 or 9 years old, knocks on my door and offers to take my trash out. The way he worded it was a little confusing so I asked him what he meant and he said, "Would it be ok if I took your trash out for a dollar a bag?" A DOLLAR A BAG??!!!!! Who does he think he is?! Michael Jackson?? Come on! Keep in mind that these bags are not big by any means and they weren't even all the way full. It was hard not to laugh but I held it back and just respectfully declined. Maybe if I had cash I would've let him do it but I didn't. So since there's always a bag of trash out there, he comes back every day! It makes me laugh.

2~I get to take warm showers again! Last week/weekend was ssoooooo HOT!! It got over 100 for a couple days and we don't have air conditioning. Wow, it was hot. So in an effort to cool down, I had been taking cool baths and showers 3 or 4 times a day. But not anymore!!! I took such a long hot shower yesterday and today and it felt ssooooo gooooooood!

3~We took a tour of the hospital where our baby will be born! It's pretty new and really cool. It's so much more relaxed and calm compared to Utah Valley Hospital. It made me very excited.

4~The other day Dennison put my headband on Carter. Since then, he's been trying to put it on himself and it's so funny to watch. He puts it up over his head and down on the back of his neck where it will sometimes stay for a few minutes while he walks around the house. He also has been pushing the laundry basket around and filling/emptying his toys in and out of it.

5~We're moving out of our apartment in a week and a half!!!!! I thought this day would never come but it's almost here! And we found a very nice place to move to. Yea!!

6~I went to see my midwife today and I'm measuring a little small. This makes me happy thinking that my baby will just be a little smaller (not too small though). And then it makes me nervous thinking that maybe he'll come after his due date because he's not big enough. I was always measuring big with Carter and he was almost 3 weeks early. It also makes me happy because I'm not very uncomfortable YET since I'm not quite as big as I was last time at this point.

7~The other day Dennison said something really funny to Carter. I don't even remember what it was now but I laughed and laughed and I'm so happy to have such a funny husband.

3 comments:

Erin S. said...

love the neighbor boy story...we have a funny kid like that and knocked on our door once....he said, "is there any job you need done that you want to pay me $5 to do?"

i must not have said no very nicely cuz he has never come back!

teamw said...

I'm glad you get to move out of the apt...and talk about timing eh?
Have you picked a name for your little guy yet? We are still STUMPED..some we like but till we see him I think it's all up in the air.

The Original TomKat said...

It's always nice to count the fun things in life when we're down...what a great reminder. Your little neighbor is a persistant little guy huh?!?! Let me know if you guys need ANY help with the move at all!

PS We totally missed you on the Portland to Coast this weekend...maybe in two years!