Sunday, May 10, 2009

How life is different as a mom

>Gross things don't phase me like they used to.
>Instead of planning around a work schedule, I plan around a nap schedule.
>I stub my toe at least once a day on baby toys. Perhaps it's because my feet got bigger during pregnancy.
>I truly understand the value of a fenced backyard.
>8 consecutive hours of sleep is like a gift straight from heaven. Even just 6 is pretty great. I'll even take 4, as long as I can go back to bed afterwards.
>9 times out of 10, I'd rather buy little boy clothes instead of Robin clothes.
> Whenever I watch nature shows and the baby animals get eaten by predators (they always do because they're slower/smaller/confused/etc), I have to fight back the tears as I see the sad/mad mom animal.
>Unconditional love has a whole new meaning.
>Watching the evening news on any given day can make me cry.
>Not many things CAN'T make me cry.
>I've become much more extroverted as an attempt to have adult conversations during the day.
>I have realized how amazing my own mother is. I always knew she was great, but wow.

How is your life different as a mom?

6 comments:

Karie said...

Robin, you are one of the BEST moms I know! Dad and I are so proud of you and Dennison, and we think Carter and Jude could not possibly be any cuter.
We love you!

connie said...

love love love your list!! the first thing that came to my mind from your question is how much I love and respect my own mother. And as you know it doesn't end there... for generations our mothers have been lovingly strong and faithful. It is an honor to be numbered among them. YOU are a beautiful addition to that legacy darlin

Megan said...

Great post. YOu said a LOT of things I would have said! I may do my own list eventually. :)

Unknown said...

I love your list - and I agree. :) I'm not as poetic as you, but I know one thing - if I were not a Mom, I wouldn't have spent an hour and a half in the nurse's office at school digging a piece of glass out of my son's hand! And I wouldn't have had to hold back the tears once it was out - if I weren't his mom.

Holly said...

Robin you are so sweet and a darling mommy. I know your parents are so proud of you and Dennison and the family and life you are making for yourself. Nothing makes parents feel more successful than to see the rightous choices and decisions being made by our grown-up children. The love and joy continues through the years as your mothering has to change, but it's always the very most rewarding blessing our Heavenly Father gives to his daughters. I'm so glad you find it so rewarding! I love you, sweet girl!!!

Jessie said...

I love this list. I agree with nearly ALL of them. Especially, nap schedule, sleep being a gift, buying kids clothes, crying when I read/watch the news, crying all of the time...