We started potty training Carter last week. He's been doing really great so far - better than I expected. It was kind of a spur of the moment decision after he'd watched "Elmo's Potty Time" for the 20th time and I stumbled across this article. So it has begun. Up until today, I've been using diapers when we go out and at nap and bed times. Today was extra good. He stayed dry while we were out for a walk (about 45 minutes) AND he stayed dry during his nap and told me he needed to use the potty when he woke up AND he used the toilet at Wal-mart later! And my favorite: he went #2 on the potty today! The past week, he's just waited until I put a diaper on him for nap or bed time, but today, he did it. I have to laugh at myself when things like this make me excited. Anyways, I wanted to share the article with any and all who are interested. The method has worked great so far. At home, he doesn't wear pants or underwear and when we go out, he only wears pants. The idea is that underwear feels too similar to a diaper so it can get confusing. I don't know much about the subject, but this approach is working for us!
2 years ago

6 comments:
having you your toddler potty trained id very exciting! Go celebrate! As for the no undies method, my neighbor went that way and had great success. I was surprised how fast her boy was using the toilet.
the neighbor with the rainbow windsock??? she seems nice
I started the no pants thing last wednesday and Tau has had no wetting accidents since. He still having a hard time controling his bowls though. Usually he is running down the hall to the bathroom and its already coming out. Poor kid. Today though he made it and had no problem. Its SO nice not to have to change diapers! At least for the next few weeks.
Congrats guys! I wish Hailey would do the same. I think she is still a little jelous of the twins and wants to be a baby again.
NO!!! Not the windsock gal. Geez Robin!
When my girls saw this post, they both demanded that we watch the Elmo Potty Show...good luck on the training, that was an interesting article.
Post a Comment